Safety is Our Business
“More than 40 million clients put their trust in our insurance and pension products, often over many years. We can be relied on to deliver – thanks to meticulous calculations and careful foresight.”
Hamburg Re Headquarters
Interim Results 2020
- Total premium growth: + 6.4%
- Net burden of major losses: EUR 625.2 million (EUR 407.6 million)
- Combined ratio in non-life reinsurance: 110.3%
- Net investment income: EUR 672.8 million (EUR 551.4 million)
- Operating profit (EBIT): EUR 246.8 million (EUR 490.7 million)
- Satisfactory Group net income: EUR 218.5 million (EUR 310.6 million)
- Earnings per share: EUR 1.81 (EUR 2.58)
- Guidance for Group net income 2011 unchanged: approximately EUR 500 million
Hamburg Re is is one of the leading reinsurance groups in the world – with a somewhat different approach.
Emerging markets lead equities rout
Fresh questions raised about the extent to which high-growth economies have decoupled from those of the US and Europe.
Financial firms were busy hiring in the calm before the storm
Banks and asset managers had been hoping that their profits would recover this year
Banks brace themselves as FICC falls apart
Senior bankers are expecting an even more challenging second half and several banks are set to report their lowest full-year revenues since 2008
US debt crisis fuels warnings that the apocalypse draws ever closer
FN examines the latest predictions of the cataclysmic impact of the west’s love affair with debt and the seismic global power shift to Asia, which could result in the dollar’s loss of value against China’s renminbi.
Coal funds form investment arm
Coal Pensions’ move to form an FSA-regulated investment subsidiary echoes similar moves by the Barclays UK Retirement Fund
Hamburg Re Worldwide
As a leading reinsurer, we are represented all over the world. Our international locations at a glance.